Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thematic Photographic 11 - Poignant


When home is a bench
San Francisco, CA, July 2008 [Click to enlarge]

We all come across scenes that make us a little bit sad, that may be kinda bittersweet, that make us stop and think, that change us in some small or not-so-small way. I'm hoping you'll turn the dimmers down a bit this week as we share photos that are poignant.

Here's how Thematic Photographic, my weekly strictly-for-fun photo challenge, works:
  1. Every Wednesday evening, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
  2. Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...poignant.
  3. You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
  4. You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
  5. If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
  6. You may post one per day, many per day, one each day of the entire week, whatever suits your fancy. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
  7. Please share this link with friends, too. I want this thing to being photographic happiness to lots of people - and I need your help.
Thank you for making Thematic Photographic a highlight for so many people. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's rather differently-focused theme.

(And, yes, we're still pimping for Caption This entries. Click here to go there.)

17 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, what a surprise this week. This may be the best theme yet for range of emotions and presentations. Mine is already here because I knew in an instant where some of my most poignant moments took place. I've posted just one this time. Thanks, Carmi, for keeping the TP going.

Mojo said...

Barb, you read my mind. Mine's here.

Jax said...

you're really on a roll with these themes!

here's my contribution -
http://writerjax.blog-city.com/thematic_photographic__3__poignant.htm

thanks for keeping this going, Carmi!

Linda said...

haven't played in a few weeks due to busyness...but here's my entry today...

http://fifenhorn.blogspot.com/2008/08/thematic-photographic-poignant.html

Coach Paulette said...

My wordless wednesday post for this week seems to match the theme - I'm going to have to see what others I might have. Thanks for the challenges!

G. Harrison said...

Grandson Ollie brings me many meaningful moments and I only want a million more.

cheers,

gord h.

http://itstrikesmefunny.blogspot.com/2008/08/ollie-and-me-poignant-moments-now-that.html

Mamie said...

I have posted my poignant photos on my blog (and hoping that unlike last week, the link works!)

Love the photo of the homeless woman. Often when I see shots like that waiting to be taken I am reluctant because I don't want to seem intrusive. Your photo is very respectful and moving.

awareness said...

wow..........my poignant moment evolved the very next day after you posted this theme.

still reliving it and will be for a long long time......

http://mayfairplace.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunrise-and-sundown.html

Nestor Family said...

Hi! I am a little later than usual with my post.

I dunno... what do you think about MY PHOTOS for this week's theme?

Canadian Mark said...

I'm late on this one and missed last week entirely. Who would have thunk I'd get stumped on patterns?

Anyway, good choice of theme this week. Mine is up here.

Heather said...

I've missed a few weeks ... here is mine for this week:
Poignant

~Heather :)

Mike Wood said...

mine are here. Commentary on the removal of green space within the city for the sake of building subdivisions...

swilek said...

i added another one here...
http://swile67.blogspot.com/2008/08/thematic-photographic-poignant_17.html

Amber said...

This is my very first entry on this site. I have been looking for a weekly challenge, and thrilled to find your blog. Here is my "poignant" - cat got him.

http://strivingforrubies-dailypic.blogspot.com/2008/08/poignant.html

smarmoofus said...

I'm home from house-sitting one state away, and I've finally pulled up some photos from my archives to fit this week's theme. This one was tough for me. It's so open-ended that I felt a bit lost trying to find something appropriate. But viewing other participants' posts helped me rein in my thoughts.

-smarmoofus

Amber said...

Learned how to create a clickable link - so here is mine again. Newbie, you'll have to excuse me! :-)
"Poignant" by AmberDawn

Anonymous said...

This is also my first time to participate, but when I saw the theme of poignant, I knew I already had the right shot. You can see it here:

http://vixensden.com/?p=714