Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thematic Photographic 32 - Aged


Worn
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2008 [Click to embiggen]


Last week's Thematic Photographic theme, new, resulted in so many evocative submissions that I thought we'd explore the opposite theme this week. But "old" doesn't really fit in this politically correct era. And my wife would smack me. So "aged" it is.

I'll go into detail on this photo in a future entry this week. For now, I hope you enjoy the mournful texture. And I hope it inspires you to share your own perspective on "aged" in the days to come.

Your turn: Got a photo somewhere - in your archives, in your head, wherever - that just screams "aged"? If so, this is your chance to share it. Once you've posted it on your blog, leave the link in a comment so that everyone can see it. Serial TPers are most definitely welcome. New to TP? Here's how it works:
  • Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
  • Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...aged.
  • You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
  • You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
  • If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
  • You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
  • Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
  • And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.

30 comments:

Unknown said...

http://thepaganeye.blogspot.com/2009/01/thematic-thursday-aged.html

Sorry but I don't know how to link using html symbols. And it seems I'm slow to learn.

Mojo said...

I find it hard to imagine your wonderful wife smacking anybody, but if you say so.

This is just one more example of why I love your work so much. The texture and "feel" in this shot is almost visceral. And it's practically three dimensional the way it jumps off the page. Magnificent!

I went with something not quite so old, but certainly far from new.
Thematic Photographic 32: "Aged" v.1.0 - Rust in Peace

Ken said...

I have one for "aged", take a look here

Unknown said...

I love all the textures and shades in this photo. Your work is the "real thing" as they say.

photowannabe said...

I guess all I would need to post is a picture of me!!LOL
Love the theme and this black and white. Great job Carmi.

awareness said...

oooo....i love this photo! I seem to have many "aged" related pics in my files...but the one which resonated with me is one my daughter took of a window pane in desperate need of paint! So, Martha and I combined our efforts this week Carmi. Her photo, my poem....and MAN is it upbeat!! lol

http://mayfairplace.blogspot.com/2009/01/reflections-of-broken-dream.html

thank you always for jump starting my imagination every week.

me ann my camera said...

I chose an old, homemade, wooden cover which was once probably part of a wooden box.
Gallimaufry Gleanings

Anonymous said...

Great photo. Aged, how I love this theme. I could hardly make a choice this time. For the result... come and see.

Anonymous said...

I love those intense textures. Beautiful and it fits the theme well.

I actually have post for the theme this time...I don't have to dig too far into the archives for an entry since I think today's photo is well suited for the theme of "aged".

shivering

Robin said...

Gorgeous shot, so tactile. What a story that tree could probably tell... So much history there.

Here's mine:), I've titled it Old and in the Way. Anyone out there get the musical reference?

Mamapippa ... said...

You find my entry on

http://mamapippaphotography.skynetblogs.be/post/6625362/orleanstoren----

I can't seem to get a link posted here ... so I do it this way ...

LZ Blogger said...

Carmi ~ Awesome shot! ~ jb///

Sleepypete said...

Just posted one :-) I had one from a little while ago of what happens when dark sun hat meets sun ...

here

I hope that link works :-)

Karen said...

Looking forward to hearing more about this beautiful photo! Here's my entry!

Sleepypete said...

Urg ...

Think I oopsed with my link - it's got too many http's in it.

Here's another attempt :
Sleepypete's hat

(have cheated this time by testing it on one of my blogs!)

Anonymous said...

Mine is not quite as beautiful as some of the others, but it definitely fits the "Aged" them quite well. Hope you enjoy it !

bobbie said...

Your photo is wonderful. Truly "aged"

I have three photos on the theme in my post today.

Anonymous said...

Here's my vision of Aged.

This shot really moves me. I love shots full of texture and depth.

Mojo said...

This week's theme is one I have a good bit of material for, so I thought I'd pass on something very well aged. Geologically aged, even.
Thematic Photographic 32: "Aged" v.2.0 - It's All Downhill From Here

Candace said...

http://candacej73.blogspot.com/2009/01/memory-lane-friday.html

Mine isn't your usual post. I think it kinda works though.

Pamela said...

WOW. I already had a post up that fits the them. Head on over and read

Ladies Of The Club

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. It's pretty awesome!

(NetChick Sent Me.)

Heather said...

Yay! I'm happy to be back :) ... For some reason during the holidays I just couldn't seem to get it together to get over here and post. Mine is up here :)

~Heather

Christine Gram said...

I've posted some photos from Italy.... aged was not hard to come by. Look for the post titled "aged."

Lyn said...

Here is my contribution to aged.

Barbara said...

During a recent trip to an antique store I found a treasure in the form of an aged scrapbook full of photos, news articles, army documents, and even greeting cards from World War II. Click here to see a sampling.

swilek said...

Here is my contribution to Aged...it's been a while and good to be back! COngrats on your blog being featured in your local paper!

http://swile67.blogspot.com/2009/01/thematic-photographic-aged.html

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

I have never understood why when people start looking old that they despise it!? I think looking old has its beauty and we should embrace it. I met this old lady recently ranting in Hyde park London, she was crazy but she had a certain beauty about her.

http://dennisthemennis.blogspot.com/2009/01/diana-for-prime-minister.html

Sleepypete said...

Got me another picture, although I think this one has avoided the outward signs of ageing :-)

Laws Of Cricket Pic

Mojo said...

Since there was time to squeeze one more in, I decided to take one last shot at the "Aged" theme.
Thematic Photographic 32: "Aged" v.3.0 - Back to the Grind