Thursday, May 07, 2009

Fish out of water


So close, yet so far
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2008
About this photo: Thematic Photographic goes yellow for the next week. If you've got anything with a yellowish tinge in your photo archives - or have been hankering to shoot something in a banana shade - head over here to share it with la gang.
Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the world, I think back to the moment I took this picture. Sure, it's a plastic fish. But I relate to it all the same, as it's excruciatingly out of reach of its natural environment - and just as incapable of getting back on its own. Tough spot no matter who - or what - you are.

Your turn: We've all been there, haven't we?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is actually so cute! But I definitely get the profoundness of it as well.

Have An Awesome Weekend!!

photowannabe said...

Love the fish out of water. I have posted a new shot for the yellow theme. Come and see my "hot" post.

sealaura said...

Dear Carmi,
I still do! I often feel like a 16 year old 34 year old in a grown up job. How did I get here? :)

Cloudia said...

You softy!
But I don't think you're
Yellow ;-)

Aloha

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

That would have been me 20ish years ago, coming from an isolated Island Community of the NE coast of Nfld and ending up in SW Ontario..fish(no pun intended)out of water I was. And stood out like that yellow plastic fish.

Great shot Carmi.

Breeze