Thursday, April 21, 2011

Waiting for life to return


Gnarly
London, ON, March 2009
About this photo: We're slowly drawing this week's Let Treedom Ring theme to a close. I'll post a new theme tomorrow (Friday)*, but it's still not too late for you to squeeze another tree pic in under the wire. Just click here.
It was a grey afternoon, the kind of day that normally wouldn't make for great photography. But between kidlings and life in general, I don't always have as much time as I'd like to simply walk around with my camera. So I can't pick and choose my photo days: Even if the weather's makes for lousy light, I've got to take what I've been given.

That's what I did on this day in between playdate dropoffs and pickups. I found a stretch of riverside bike path and went from there. No agenda or goal: Just shoot whatever looked worth shooting - and enjoy some rare quiet time in a place slowly awakening from a long winter. As you can see from this picture, life hadn't yet returned to this place, but I'm glad I froze it in time before it did.

Your turn: Who planted this tree? Why?

--
* I'll get back to a Thursday-to-Thursday timeline starting next week. My bad.

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

The obvious answer would be man, but I think a seedling could of been carried by a bird's beak or on its body... Even man, could have been walking and had the seedling on him... The important thing is, is that you noticed.. :-)

Crosby Kenyon said...

Nature plants lots more trees than humans do. I vote for nature.