Friday, February 10, 2012

Dead fish society

I find scenes like this immensely funny, but I'm not entirely sure why. I think it might have something to do with my aversion to eating food that's shaped like the animal it once was. If I see a breaded piece of fish that's in the general shape of a fish, I can't eat it. It's fishsticks or bust for me, baby.

Your turn: Got any food-eating quirks?

One more thing: Head here for more grocery-themed insanity. I can't guarantee that additional fish won't be harmed in the process, however.

5 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

My Taiwanese friend loves fish eyes.. I remember we had dinner w/her and she had cooked a whole fish... yep, she was the first to jump on the head of the fish...also the eating of chicken feet- what food value is there? somehow, I don't think I will ever be that hungry to eat eyeballs and feet.

21 Wits said...

When I see images like this (especially on ice at my local grocer) I'm very thankful that I'm human......! Great photo here Carmi...although I can see in their sweet little frozen eyes..."Why us?"

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love to eat fish, but I draw the line at being served fish with the heat still attached... something about the eye watching me eat...

Gemma Wiseman said...

I can't read cookery books with glossy pictures! By the time I browse the book, I feel as if I have consumed a banquet and can't eat! And I literally have to "psyche myself up" to go into a butcher's!

Gordon said...

Carmi, I'm with you on the fish things, well kinda.

I once was served a whole grilled trout and I do mean WHOLE.. eyeballs the works, all that had been done to it was gutted and scaled, was nice but never again, I was only like 12 at the time, wow sheesh LONG time ago.
Another hang up from my childhood this one, Liver - not a hope of getting me to eat it, I can just about cook it if required, reason being made to eat it as a 9 yr old, I hate that teacher to this day for that...