Wednesday, February 01, 2012

On intention and destiny

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

I've often said that life's a journey. Mine's taken a few interesting twists lately, and I'd be lying if I said I knew where all of this would end up. But I do know me and my family are headed someplace neat, and like the late, very much missed Mr. Adams, I feel perfectly at ease with where I am right now.

Your turn: Where do you need to be?

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

You are in the hollow of Hashem's hand Carmi!



Warm Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

Peg Cherre said...

Need - who can tell? I assume right where I am.

Want - a different thing. I want to be retired. I want to be closer to my family (must wait till retirement). I want to more footloose and fancy free.

Morgan'sRevenge said...

I need to be in continental Europe, carelessly inter-railing with my beautiful partner, forgetting the troubles that meet us on our return. But to be there...I need to be in a job. As always, the stepping stone to where we need/want to be is oh so difficult to find, even if we know what that stone is.