Sunday, February 26, 2012

Slickly wet logo


Propellerhead
Deerfield Beach, FL, January 2012
About this photo: It's curved week all week long - well, until Monday night, anyway. Click here to share your own curved vision.
I've been known to quickly grab pictures of parked cars. Just because. It doesn't have to be a spectacular or rare vehicle - this one's a 3-series parked outside a Dunkin Donuts, a really nice vehicle, but common enough that its mere presence doesn't necessarily stop all activity in the immediate vicinity. It can simply be the light, the moment, the mood, and before you know it I'm reaching for my camera and crossing my fingers I don't encounter the owner before he/she returns.

I tend to do this more back home than south of the border - sorry, America, I love you dearly, but you're just not as generally friendly as folks are back home in Canuckistan - but on this morning, the forces of optics and tone conspired to make this a shot I didn't want to miss. Say what you want about the typical BMW today, but their surface treatment makes for lovely photography if you compose just so.

Your turn: Why do cars make such great subjects?

1 comment:

Man Named Kim said...

power. human innovation. status. design.

i'm a sucka for a sweet ride.

Peace.