Thursday, April 05, 2012

On finding the beauty of the good

"Don't waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good."
I think this is a great way to end a shortened week. Some days, it seems we're surrounded by malevolence, by those who by default seem to put their own needs ahead of everyone else's, who seem to have forgotten the simple rules we all learned in Kindergarten. But then I inevitably cross paths with someone who reminds me that keeping ourselves above the murk is entirely within our control.

Indeed, it is.

2 comments:

cactus petunia said...

A lovely reminder, thanks for that!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Kinda like 'glass is half full' theory, eh? Its too easy to play the victim or the 'whoa is me'.... I would have moments like that and notice how crappy it made me feel... What's done is done- move on and don't let it happen again!.