Friday, October 03, 2014

Learning a life lesson from...noodles?

International flavor
London, ON
September 2014
Thematic. Messy. Here
It's been a busy week in Pitkinville, so I've been somewhat remiss in keeping up on the personal blog side of the house. Bad Carmi.

I've also been miserably sick with a miserable cold, and I figure in these days of Ebola and Enterovirus, no one wants to hear another whining sickie. Besides, I'm not much of a whiner.

But before life got busy and my bacteriological load became imbalanced, I was out running errands with my lovely wife. And we went out for lunch. Nothing fancy or permanently memorable: just noodles at a quick stop place in the mall. But we managed to slow down time just enough, and fancy or not, it was a moment that matters just as much as any other in a more formal package.

Sometimes simple just works.

Your turn: A simple moment that stands out for you. Please discuss.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes, a slow food moment!

Ankita Sarkar said...

My Gregorian calendar birthday on 21st October is sometimes celebrated at home and sometimes not, depending on my mood. But according to the lunar calendar, I was born on Vijaya Dashami, the last day of the iconic Durga Puja festival. So on every Vijaya Dashami, apart from the commonplace tradition of watching the immersion procession on the streets, there is an additional ritual at home. My Mum cooks me the traditional rice pudding ('payesh') which I eat from (tiny) silverware wearing new clothes.
Today we did it for the 18th time (though minus the immersions, because of an astrological complication this year). The ritual is simple, but it has always held more meaning for me than the cake cutting and partying, because the fact that I was born on a day with traditional significance of the triumph of good over evil has always given me moral strength.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It's been a while since I've had hot sesame noodles. Must rectify!
~

21 Wits said...

A simple moment for me- parking my car and sharing a ride on a shuttle with strangers! It's been too long since I've done that.

Somewhere round about said...

seems to me that one persons simple moment....is another persons extra ordinary moment.....