Thursday, October 16, 2014

Stairway to not-heaven

Don't. Drop. It.
London, ON
October 2014
For more Thematic patterns, go here
I'm not afraid of heights, per se. I can sit in an airplane all day and be as comfortable seven miles above the countryside as I am at my kitchen table. But scenes like this weird me out. Especially when I'm the one leaning over the opening in the middle of the staircase and looking down.

I think it has to do with whether or not I'm inside the thing. Plane? Yes. Here? Not so much. Maybe there's a little worry about dropping the smartphone down the middle, as well. So despite the fact that we're looking at "only" 11 storeys of vertical space here, it's enough to give me pause. I grabbed the shot and beat a hasty retreat before gravity had its way with me.

Already I can see opportunities to improve on this initial treatment of the subject. So a return trip is already churning in my head. And you can bet I'll be as freaked out then as I was here.

It's what we do to get the shot.

Your turn: What do you do to get the shot?

1 comment:

Bob Scotney said...

Fortunately we don't have buildings with that may floors.
Brilliant shot!
I would have to hold my camera over the drop and swivel the screen so I could see down without having to lean over.