Monday, October 06, 2014

Thematic Photographic 311 - Run down

Sad sight
London, ON
October 2014

Not everything gleams brightly in the big bad city. In fact, look deep enough into the shadows and it can look - and feel - downright depressing. Or dangerous. I found this rather confidence-sapping crack on the third floor of a parking structure. And as I wrestled with idle thoughts of complete structural collapse, I decided I probably had enough time to snap a picture.

Got any superglue?

Your turn: This week's Thematic theme is "run down". If it (whatever "it" might be) has seen better days, or if it simply looked depressing from the day it was made, grab a pic of it and post it to your blog or website. Leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it, visit other participants and feel free to add more pics to the pile as the week wears on. For more info on how Thematic, our weekly photo-sharing, learning and enjoying activity, works, just click here. Enjoy this one...I know I will!

9 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oops, they might need something stronger than super glue! Hopefully it's fixable. I was ready to capture some worn out structure when eating lunch outside today, changed my mind! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2014/10/thematic-photographic-311-run-down.html

fredamans said...

The wall needs some TLC for sure!

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2014/10/rundown-nature-notes.html

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Run Down, But Not Out
~

Catherine said...

I've seen a lot of cracked buildings in the last three years, and that one looks scary.
I'm not sure if I can find anything "run down" to photograph. Everything here seems to be newly repaired or completely demolished. Or just broken which is not quite the same thing as "run down". I will keep an eye out, in the meantime I am posting a photo a day for the month of October.

Bob Scotney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gilly said...

Found my run down places! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

Bob Scotney said...

Oops I forgot my link. Thanks Gilly,

I wonder whether my rundown post will result in some fences being repaired. Last week's messy shot of litter resulted in the council clearing it up (after 5 months.)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Bob Scotney's link

He seems to be twice shy today!
~

Bob Scotney said...

Another senior moment!!

http://bit.ly/1yMvBcv