Monday, October 27, 2014

On the outside looking in

Not a health food store
London, ON
October 2014
There's a convenience store near the house. I admit we don't come here often, as between the prices (you pay for the convenience) and selection (healthy? Not quite) it's pretty much a store you use for emergencies only.

Still, as I wandered past one night last week on a walk with the dog, I couldn't help but notice the fluorescent light pouring out of its locked facade. The scene struck me as particularly sad-looking, the kind of thing that's all too common in an urban or suburban setting, but something we aren't especially proud of. Somehow, humanity can do better than this.

Despite my neo-artistic misgivings, the pool of light spilling our into the parking lot attracts my eye every time the pup and I walk past. Maybe there's hope for these places after all.

* Thought I'd slip in one last look at night-time photography - head here to share yours - because I've rather enjoyed this week's theme and hope you have, too. Our new one goes live at 7 p.m. Eastern. What will it be? Good question. What would you like it to be?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

We're a nation of junk food junkies down here. Is Canada like that, too?
~

21 Wits said...

Hmm there could be a mystery afoot...it's almost that time around here....or I just saw a cool word today- Perfectional!

21 Wits said...

Okay, it's not really a new word, but it rocked my boat, and I was driving a car!