Laval, QC, August 2009 [Click to embiggen]
I've never been on the fabled Route 66, but everything I've ever heard about it - and long-term exposure to Pixar's Cars - has convinced me that I'm destined to someday roll through what remains of this iconic American trail.
So as Thematic Photographic marks #66, I thought "shiny" would give us all an opportunity to ponder not just the automotive history that marked this place (shiny paint, shiny parts, etc.) but also the shiny patina that seemed to paint an entire era, where the future gleamed bright and every reflection was brilliant. Seen from that perspective, I expect you'll be taking some wondrous liberties with this week's theme.
Your turn: Please share a shiny picture or two on your blog, then paste the link in a comment below. Repeat.* If you're new to Thematic Photographic, here's how it works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...shiny!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.
I thought of this photo that I took earlier this year when I saw the Theme.
A different sort of shine from me.
Oooh, Shiny! So many possibilities, but since it is a busy week, I found this one in my archives:
I've followed the vehicle theme, but went with a classic.
Leave me a comment if you know what it is -- I don't!
Your comment will also enter you in my September contest: a chance to win free handmade earrings.
I too went to the vehicle, I love this shot, although I have so many car shots that I love, I hope you all enjoy as much I do.
New polished an lovely. Seldom my car looks like that ;-)
Have a nice day out there.
Now it´s shiny here!!
Well it's Shiny in my neck of the woods as well :) You can see it HERE. Aloha
I met a very shiny fellow on my recent travels. See him and his lady friend here
Gosh. I suddenly feel totally predictable.
Thematic Photographic 66: "Shiny" v.1.0 - Cat With an Ultra Shiny Coat
New and uber-stylish... with door handles resembling a mini-van's. Hmm... No clue. Might be fun to post other angles of it and see how long it takes before somebody guesses.
When you roll thru Oklahoma be sure to give us a call!
Late July attended the Skaneateles Antique and Classic Boat Show there this preserved antique Old Town Canoe was displayed.
Carmi, I expressed shiny using antiques. I hope someday you can travel Route 66 and take in all the sights and sounds.
Here is my entry:
Now i have somthing shiny.
Lovely photo Carmi.
Have a great day.
Great shot Carmi!
My first version for Shiny is up :)
I think you would have a great time travling on rt 66 it has some awesome places to see. This is cool it leaves the viewer wondering... and is certainly shiny.
Have a great one Carmi
Please see mine here
That is a stunningly shiny pic, sir :)
My version 2 of shiny is up please it!
Oh, I'm back, after being toooooo busy to post. I have a shiny pretty thing!
It had beena kinda weird year all round really.
I’d been relieved yet saddened, in just about equal measure for a while.
Then in a period of a month, quite a few Glory-Moments happened; things that in and of themselves.... in the face of eternity + problems with world peace and all that....maybe didn’t amount to much.
But to me...merely in and of themselves...they restored my hope.
Something like this restored my hope.
Your theme Shiny threw me for a loop. So, instead of looking at old photograhs, I was lucky enough to find this Shiny party fan in a window display: http://lightandvoices.blogspot.com/2009/09/thematic-photograph-66-shiny.html
Post a Comment