Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cruciform

At the gate
Hong Kong, China
May 2012

For more curvaceous Thematic, click here.
Airplanes are sexy. I've covered this before (here, here and here) but it'll still never get old. These incredible machines have a certain presence, a je ne sais quoi that never fails to make the hair on my skin stand up whenever I'm near one.

Which is why when I've got time to kill in an airport, I like to look for new ways to shoot them. I know the post-9/11 mentality frowns on this kind of thing - hello NSA! - but it's a chance I'm willing to take given the fact that I can't get a pic like this from my front porch. You've gotta be at the airport for this kind of photography, and if pursuing the craft here means dodging the occasional rent-a-cop, I'm up for it.

Never mind that this was in Hong Kong, and the rent-a-cops were probably a little meaner than they were back home. Silly me...

Your turn: Do you shoot in airports? Pictures, that is.

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Nice day to fly :-) cool shot


Aloha

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

They're plenty mean here in the USA, too, Carmi.

But I understand the need to take the picture!
~