Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Happy Hollow Road

Barely controlled roadside chaos
Williamsburg, KY
January 2009
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Road trips may be on hold for a while, but that doesn't mean we can't dive through the archives on occasion and pull up a memory or six.

Like this one, taken almost 12 years ago near an I-75 onramp in Williamsburg, Kentucky. As landscape photos go, it's not particularly well-planned, little more than a fast-grab from the side of the road before we had to load up and be on our way.

But it feels different than the landscape back home, and revisiting the image does a remarkably good job of transporting us back there, as well. Even today, I can almost feel the chill in my fingers as I held my camera and squeezed the shot off before tucking it back away and heading back to the car.

It was a moment worth freezing in time, and travelling back to it all these years later makes me smile - even if it seemed like an unnecessary distraction at the time.

Lately, I find myself lingering more deliberately over images like this. The journey back in time may be digital-only for now, but it's more than good enough considering the circumstances.

#williamsburg #kentucky #ky #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #vacation #explore #i75 #interstate #highway #stilllife #throwback #landscape #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: