Monday, June 06, 2022

Another transient shopping experience

Forever strangers
London, ON
May 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram

The scene: the local shopping mall on a busy Sunday afternoon.

We’ve come here to run some errands and do the things that need to get done. I’ve reached the end of my To Do list, and have a bit of free time before we’re supposed to meet up. So I figure a few photos are called for.

I meander over to the edge of the 2nd storey mezzanine for no other reason that it’s devoid of people. The mall is otherwise packed with people, and I’m getting antsy to be surrounded by so many souls who just don’t understand the basics of personal space. But this corner seems to be fairly empty.

As architecture goes, it’s rather plain: glass, steel, tile, all arranged in various rectangular forms. But when you perch yourself just so and look straight down, you see people walking past, fleeting moments of life just…happening.

I compose carefully and wait for the right moment. I’m done within 30 seconds, and by then it’s time to go.

Shopping malls as photographic therapy. Who knew?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #masonville #random #retail #street #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: