Thursday, June 30, 2022

The farm in big sky country

A quiet roadside moment
Ilderton, ON
June 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Some photos have backstories, while others get taken and shared for far more trivial reasons.

This one may fall somewhere in between, as I took it at the turnaround point of a bike ride through the country north of town.

There’s nothing earth-shattering about this picture of a bunch of silos in the middle of big sky country. But plain as it is, it telegraphs what it felt like to stand on the side of the road on a sunny, windy day and take in the scene.

Our city is surrounded by sights like these, and it’s a privilege to experience them. I get out here as often as I can, because it grounds me to pedal the countryside rather than rush through it in a car.

So I take pictures to remember not just what it looked like in the moment, but what it felt like, too.

Hmm, maybe this one isn’t as trivial as I first thought it was. Something to ponder on my next ride.

#ldnont #ilderton #london #ontario #canada #farm #country #roadside #cycling #blue #sky #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Found the cows, November 2004

No comments: