Monday, June 20, 2022

Fast food beauty queen

I'd like fries and a baton with that, please
Dryden, ON
June 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The scene: lunchtime at the local McDonald’s. Rather than sit in the drive-through lineup that stretches to the adjacent highway, I decide to walk into the crowded resto and interact with real people.

I don’t have to wait long. Before I manage to cross the parking lot, an elderly woman briskly walks in front of me and gets to the door ahead of me.

But before she reaches for the handle, she pauses, rifles through her purse, pulls out what looks like a white satin pageant sash, and proceeds to carefully put it on over her shoulder. I remain transfixed on this rather fascinating vignette as she pats it into place and heads inside.

Because the place is crowded, I never actually see her from the front before she reaches the front of the line, gets her lunch, then disappears out the door.

So the story behind the sash will forever remain a mystery.

Perhaps it’s just as well.

#dryden #ontario #canada #roadtrip #travel #stranger #random #street #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: