Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Scene from a hospital parking deck

A stranger walks (not quite) alone
London, ON
October 2013
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I took this photo almost 9 years ago, 2 months after my monumental brain fart.

I had come back to the hospital for an appointment with my neurologist. Afterward, I lingered on the upper deck of the parking structure for a bit. Just because.

I wandered from side to side, looking for anything worth remembering. I eventually settled on this random moment of a random stranger crossing the lot. He had no idea I was even up there.

It was a strangely important milestone for me, as I slowly recovered and ticked off seemingly trivial achievements from my mental list. Getting creative with a camera may seem insanely mundane, but at the time it was a massive relief that I could still do this.

So many years later, I still don’t take this creative ability for granted. And wherever this stranger is today, I hope he appreciates his tiny role in my recovery.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #throwback #uh #university #hospital #lhsc #stroke #recovery #random #street #streetphotography #parking #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
So, about that stroke - August 2014
More stroke stuff... - August 2014
Stroke survivor shares his story, London Free Press, Aug 14, 2014
Coming up on Canada AM - Lookahead to February 2015 interview
Winding down the day that was - February 2015 - incl link to Canada AM/Heart/Stroke Month segment
Two years on... - August 2015
Three bonus years - August 2016
Four years later - August 2017
Five years on - August 2018
Seven years on, August 2020
Eight years on... August 2021

No comments: