Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
Ocala, FL, January 2008 [Click to embiggen]
Oops, I'm a bit late to the party this week. I think I'm having trouble with the post-vacation transition back into the real world. Maybe part of me doesn't want to admit that the holidays are over. Then again, who does?
This photo is a result of my shoot-out-of-a-moving-car technique. It isn't highly evolved: I simply sit in the passenger seat and try to get a picture of whatever flashes by the window. No time to frame or meter or even think. Just preset the camera as best I can, then shoot when I feel inspired. (For the record, I'd never do this with film. I'd be broke by dinner.)
As we got back on the road after lunch in northern Florida, I took this as I unsuccessfully tried to guide my wife out of the parking lot of the local Lounge & Liquors establishment. This is the back view. Yum!
Your turn: Please come up with a caption for this image because I most certainly can't. Multiple entries are rewarded with my near-eternal gratitude. It would actually be eternal except for the whole mortality thing (a topic for another day, kids.) I'll announce the winner this Sunday. Enjoy!
About last week's photo of an abandoned big box store: This might have been my hardest choice yet. Waaaay too many great suggestions to pick just one. First, the honorable mentions:
- SPWriter (Steve): "Future imperfect."
- Anne: "There's no future in the past."
- Craziequeen: "The future will one day be past."
- BBS: "The future has come and gone."
- Chris Holt: "They shopped till they dropped."
- Joan: "Internet killed the Future Shop star."
- Rashbre: "We can always make a better future."
- Sage: "Nothing that's new remains that way."
- SisterAE: "The Once and Future Store."
- Lori: "Forgotten Future."
- Robin: "Obsolescence in waiting."
- Awareness: "The future's not so bright after all."
- Bob-kat: "The shape of things to come."
- Maura: "The shadow of future past."
- BreadBox: "Past imperfect."