Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2007 [Click to embiggen]
I generally try to avoid shooting people's faces in public. But sometimes a scene presents itself that's just too good to ignore. I wasn't sure what I wanted to call this photo when I snapped it, but I knew it would be one of the most memorable ones I captured while we were away - and I knew you would all love a chance to play with this one in your heads. I know, I'm bad. So be it.
Your turn: Please suggest a caption or two or twelve in a comment. I actively support multiple submissions. I'm still on my let's-grow-this-thing kick, so successful referrals to new players will result in shameless advantage come judging time. As always, winners and a new Caption This photo will be posted next Sunday.
About last week's image of stairs: I loved the lines of this scene when I first saw it from the sidewalk. Apparently many of you agreed, as you came up with countless words to describe it. Winning entry goes to Omykiss for "Stair symphony." Please visit this erudite scientist in New Zealand (click here) and share your good wishes.
Overall, I was amazed at the diversity of submissions this week (new record of submissions, btw...40!) The world of literature, art and music all played major roles in this week's captions. Cool! As always, lots of honorable mentions to share:
- Awareness: "And he's finding his stairway to....heaven........."
- Mama DB and David: "Escher."
- Surcie: "Escheresque."
- Anne: "Escher's muse."
- Joan: "Save your breath! Eschew Escher."
- Sara: "The culmination of all the 12-step programs out there."
- Steve: "I think I'll take the elevator."
- Judy: "Steppin' Out."
- Robin: "Breathless."
- Beverly: "Am I coming or going?"
- Carolyn: "A journey of a thousand steps begins on this staircase."
- The Bluest Butterfly: "Rhett, don't get lost carrying me up these stairs."
- Jodi Cleghorn: "A surrealist stairway."
- Heidi: "Up, up, and away! Or is that down?"
- JC: "Panorama view."
- Vanessa: "As I stare at the stair..."
- MissMeliss: "One step forward, two steps back..."
- Linda: "Up the down staircase."
- Beth: "Life is full of ups, and ups and ups!"
- Rainbow dreams: "It's making me dizzy."
- Tiel Aisha Ansari: "The higher you climb, the farther you have to fall."