Thursday, May 01, 2008

Canadian iPhone, eh

A mere 10 months after Apple's iconic smartphone hit stores in the U.S., the Canadian carrier, Rogers, has announced that it's reached an agreement with Apple to sell the devices north of the border.

The announcement - which wasn't much of an announcement because it said nothing about when they'd be available or how much they'd cost - set off a feeding frenzy of discussion. Canadians, it seems, are just as crazy about their portable electronics as anyone else.

I did a lot of media as a result, including a Canadian Press piece by LuAnn LaSalle, Apple's iPhone expected to attract high-end consumers in Canada, an interview with CTV NewsNet's Marcia MacMillan and a chat with AM640's Mike Stafford (sorry, no live content yet.) I also blogged about it on our corporate blog.

Coming up, I'm chatting with John Downs on AM640 radio in Toronto tonight at 8:40 (click here to listen live) and Business News Network tomorrow morning at 8:15 (all times ET). Never a dull moment around here.

More to come...

Your turn: Happy new month! How will you make a difference over the next 31 days?

6 comments:

Tabor said...

This becomes a much more serious question for me now that I am retired...I cannot just do something superficial anymore!!! I am thinking.

Unknown said...

I am glad we are finally getting the Iphone but its a little too late for me. I purchased the HTC touch with is similar to the iphone and am in love so I won't be switching!

I will be making a difference by volunteering more and changing my lifestyle (i.e becoming more healthy).

Unknown said...

I'm on a new medication so I can walk without my cane again and hope to get back off the Hiatus List to my Volunteer day at the Therapeutic Horsemanship place here in Arizona where I work with physically challenged kids and adults! Great question, Carmi!

Nestor Family said...

Awesome question to put out there, Carmi... Lately I have had in the front of my mind to try and be more loving and understanding towards my kids everyday. Hopefully that will trickle down and make a difference elsewhere, too.

Sara said...

Carmi, I am so behind on technology that I don't even have a clue as to what an I-phone is! It all just boggles my mind!!!

BTW, I forgot to gell you that I LOVED the photo of your child sleeping yesterday...That really touched me...

BTW, our buddy, Michele, sent me this afternoon - but, I would have been here anyway!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you caught me off guard with that question.

Hadn't even considered that, but now that you've asked I've got to do some thinking today....