Saturday, May 24, 2008

Much fun was had...

Quick note about yesterday's radio adventure in Toronto: It rocked. We chatted about a service called StubHub, the ticket broker market and the fact that even artists like Madonna are getting in on the act of ripping off their fans.

It wasn't about technology, which was a neat change. We just riffed, which made it even more fun than usual.

Being in studio is a totally different experience than phoning it in. Although I've done countless interviews with the host, John Downs, it was great to finally meet him and his production team.

My head's swimming from the experience. It reminded me why my first media job was in radio, and why this medium is so immediate, direct and vital. And why I find it almost addictive.

I'm working on more...hope to have news on that front soon.

Your turn: What jazzes you? Why?

6 comments:

adlskdj said...

What jazzes you? Why?

There are a lot of things that do excite me, but one of the biggest would be learning new things (provided I have an interest in them in the first place). I just love to drink up information in my spare time. It's the reason why I've enjoyed school all these years. There's just something about learning how and why things work that brings me joy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you on the radio. I enjoyed the last show I caught (and love the fact that I can sit in Dallas and listen to you in Toronto. Don't you just love the intarweb?)

Sue said...

Playing pool, talking philosophy, hiking, being nice (although I profess to others that I have no heart, just a big black space). On which station would I find you?

kenju said...

I'm glad to know you had a good experience there, Carmi. Belive it or not, I am most jazzed when I am in a room-full of fresh cut flowers and I can spend all day arranging them! If there are a few good people with me, so much the better.

Bobkat said...

You sound so positive and energic from that expereince - good for you!

Travel and photography jazzes me up :)

Anonymous said...

Carmi I envy you.....to feel passion for your work and truly enjoy it....wow! Good for you my friend.