Sunday, February 15, 2009

Caption This 108

Please caption this image
Click here for instructions
Deerfield Beach, FL
December 2008


We're sharing "Up" photos all week long (see here for the Thematic Photographic entry that explains it all) so I thought I'd introduce this one of our youngest son playing at the beach.

I often write about our kids because, frankly, they're great subjects of conversation. Bright, kind, gregarious and empathetic, they're the perfect antidote to the kind of idiocy we usually run into in the real world (see yesterday's post for more.) They're not perfect, of course. Then again, neither am I. But there's a genuineness about them that I find refreshing. Definitely keepers, they are.

Your turn: Can you come up with a suitably funny and/or creative caption for this photo? Hope so! Here's how Caption This works.

About last week's photo of a homeless person in Toronto: I wrestled with whether or not I should post it. Then again, I often wrestle with stuff, and more often than not I end up hitting the Publish button. Better to apologize after the fact that ask permission beforehand. Please give a hand to this week's Honorable Menschens:
  • Beverly: "I have a home, I just don't have a house to put it in."
  • Colleen: "Can you spare a Starbuck?"
  • Daryl: "Bag it!"
  • Barb: "Cold Indifference."
  • Hilary: "Baggers can't be choosers."
Dana (Awareness) takes it with her oh so poignant "Numbed." If someone ever forced me to choose five blogs to read and forbade me to read any others, hers would be on the list. She's a poet, writer, photographer, wife, mom, fellow Canadian, fellow critical thinker, and someone I'm privileged enough to call a friend. Please visit her site if you want to be inspired.

20 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Great pic! I'm off to see Dana!!!

kenju said...

I know what you mean about Dana. I never miss her posts.

Your boy's photo reminds me of so many similar moments in our family.

spwriter said...

Love this picture, Carmi.

Here are a few captions to get things rolling...

*Turns out you don't need Tinkerbell's fairy dust after all. A simple happy thought will do.

*Seas: the moment.

*"Ocean's away!"

*Son on a beach.

*If you don't believe in gravity, defiance isn't necessary.

*Attack wave.

Wendy said...

I agree with you about kids 100%! And they keep you young and joyful.
Love that pic!

MorahMommy said...

A couple come to mind....

"What crab?!"

"Yipee, We're here!"

"Oh that water is cold!"

I love his excitement and exuberance! I love looking pictures of our little (well not so little) ones!

Andi said...

Testing out your new excercise,"The Invisible Jump Rope," is not advisable on a wet surface.

Net Chick sent me. :-)

Andi said...

I don't follow you on Twitter that I remember. I will be now. :-)

Glad Net Chick sent me back.

Pamela said...

Break Dancing

Pamela said...

Break Dancing

awareness said...

Carmi...thank you for your kind words. I'm chuffed and humbled. And also a little brain drained...eeek! I better get off my duff and write something to live up to those wonderful descriptors. pressure...! :)

As you know, the tragedy of homelessness and poverty in this country and globally are two issues I am passionate about...and have a birds-eye view of in my little corner of the world. So, when I saw the picture you posted, the words flowed very quickly.

In contrast...this weeks wonderful shot of your little guy....

jumped up joy...

wavelength exhuberance..

freedom from cares...

I do like spwriter's..."son on a beach."

mo.stoneskin said...

"Record-breaking ocean jump"

Anonymous said...

That's a nice pic! But I dont have a caption in my mind this time. My brain is somewhat convoluted. Anyway, I invite you to join the Comment Whore in my blog.

Daryl said...

GERONIMO!

Anonymous said...

Carmi, when I haven't read blogs in a while, yours is one I HAVE to come back to first. I pulled up your page and smiled immediately. It's passed time to re-join Caption This...so...hmmm, lemme try:

(daggum spwriter already took one of mine...son on a beach, and Awareness kinda was thinkin' like me...LOVED Pamela's Break dancing!)

Jumping for boy
Exuberance of youth
Waving
Boy joy
Jump start
Surf & turf
Surfs, Up
Fun in the son
Boy de vivre

:)

anita said...

hi carmi..
i cant do better than
son on a beach
or
seas: the moment...both great.

torontopearl said...

"Look, Ma...no hands!"

Anne said...

"Yipee!"
"Dang, that's cold!"
"Look out France, here I come"

Linda said...

You'll never catch me, rogue wave!

Jinksy said...

Yah! Missed me!

PastormacsAnn said...

How about,

"Catch me if you can!"