Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Impolite visitor


Was it something I said?
Deerfield Beach, FL, January 2009 [Click to enlarge the damage]

Welcome to my BlogHerAds visitors! Thank you for clicking the link at the bottom of the ad strip. I do hope you'll meander through an entry or two and leave a comment. I so appreciate your visit and would like to be able to return the favor. Click here to load the blog from the top.
All week long, we've been looking down and seeing some pretty neat things. I'm sorry we've only had a week to explore this theme, because frankly I could take lowdown pics forever and still never tire of it. Which raises the issue: can we reuse Thematic Photographic themes? Should we? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Your turn: Two things, actually. 1) Please weigh in on whether TP themes could/should be reused. 2) If you haven't yet done so, click here to share your own down-themed pic.

Oops, I lied. Make that three things: Please set an alarm for tomorrow - Wednesday - at 7:00 p.m. ET. That's when the new Thematic Photographic entry goes up. So what's the theme? Why, up, of course. Because we need a little up these days. Happy mulling...

13 comments:

Mojo said...

Well since the creator of the photo meme gets to make the rules, if you think a week isn't long enough to beat a theme to death, by all means run it in syndication!

And I kinda figured "up" would be the next item up for bids... Now to decide if I can get away with the other shot of that flying dog I featured for "Down" v.1.0...

bobbie said...

Your call, of course. My feeling is that if one theme seems really popular there'd be nothing wrong with recycling it eventually, but surely there is an inexhaustible supply of themes.

Cloudia said...

Eloquent photo, Carmi! aloha-

Pamela said...

go green. recycle.

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

Nice photo. It seems there was a very impolite visitor in that parking spot. Happy WW!

Momstart said...

Hmmm


visit mine at
WW

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with recycling a theme.

By the way, I think this photo is hilarious.

Robin said...

Maybe compromise by having a theme go for two weeks, but with the second week overlapping with the new theme? Or not. Your meme, your call.

Whoops on the guest parking. I'm guessing they won't be invited back ;-).

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

They should of spelled it Pest.
Happy WW

DNLee said...

Hey there, Happy WW.
1st: theme revisting is fine with me. I jumped on board late, so it will be a chance to do it, just call them retakes or part 2 or something.

Oh & I've got lots of UP shots, too. Looking forward to next wed.

Sleepypete said...

Revisiting - go for it :-)

A lot of photos/pictures only happen as a spur of the moment thing, so having a theme repeat weeks/months after its first run would allow a chance for those moments that hadn't happened the first time to get their airing.

Been struggling to think of a "Down" pic, although my couple of snowscenes from an upstairs window may have come close :-)

Anonymous said...

Certain themes demand more time, and I believe some may demand less. I can see the sun glint off the sea 1 million times and the "theme" is never old for me, but listening to Smoke on the Water, yeah, that is done.
~Mary

Daryl said...

I think its your theme, so its up (get it?!) to you ...

And I gotta wonder if that wasnt the same Guest thingie I backed into ... or if its a left over still broken from Hurricane Wilma