Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2008 [Click to embiggen]
For our next Thematic Photographic theme, I wanted to play with perspective a little bit. That's because I've noticed the average picture taken by the average person seems to always be right-side-up, straight-on. Rarely do folks point their lenses up or down, or get themselves closer to the center of the Earth. Which brings me to this picture of my cousin's sandals on a pool deck.
Because I was shooting around folks who knew me, they all simply nodded as they watched me zoom in on the footwear. The septuagenarian with the bluish-tinged hair? I'm sure she thought I was losing it.
Your turn: We'll be exploring "down" all week long. Whether you're a point-your-lens-down person or a get-down-on-the-ground shooter, I hope you'll share the results through the week and leave a link in a comment here. If you know the drill, feel free to dive right in. If you're looking for a couple of sample "down" photos, click here, here and here. And if you're new to the Thematic Photographic thing, just read on:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...down.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.