Sunday, July 12, 2009

Caption This 129


Please caption this image London, ON, January 2009

I often like to hang back and just watch our kids be themselves. When I'm taking pictures of them - or of anyone else, for that matter - I don't pose them. I'm content to silently capture the moment without trying to influence its outcome. I realize that means our family pictures are far from conventional. But we're far from a conventional family, so I guess it's all good.

On this day, Dahlia and Noah were out on a grand grocery store adventure with me, trying to work our way through my wife's shopping list, and trying to not miss too many of the things on it. As often happens, we were slowed immensely by the overwhelming variety of products on the shelves - does the world really need a full dozen varieties of marmelade? - but they didn't seem to mind at all.

Indeed, I can't wait for our next trip down the confusing aisles. It's always more fun when they're around. And more expensive.

Your turn: Please suggest a caption for this photo. It can be funny, witty or just plain thought-provoking. Click the comment link to get started. And if you haven't yet shared your distant-themed pic for this week's Thematic Photographic, it's not too late (is it ever, come to think of it?) Click here to get themed.

About last week's photo of an F.15C screaming over a couple of kids: Ann's "A fly-by shooting" works on so many levels that it's a natural choice for this week's win. If you haven't read her blog, It's Always a Production, you're missing out. With seeming ease, she shares slices of her family's life, and she shoots like no one's business.

12 comments:

Mojo said...

"Just stand still and let him get the picture. You know what happened last time!"

"Eggs, wasn't it?"

Okay, I'm looking at this and can't think of anything but the story of the grocery police coming down on the journalist. I forget exactly what the whole story was, but it seems like it was about eggs. Or photographs of eggs. Anyway, whatever it was, it's creating a roadblock in my captioning subroutine.

Thematic Photographic 57: "Distant" v.5.0

Star said...

"Dalhia to Noah- "I'll give you boost to the top shelf." Not too creative, I know. I am never very good at this game. NetChick sent me by this trip.

rennratt said...

"So, what's this *unit price* about?"

Christine Gram said...

"Freeze Frame"

Very cute picture. That happened to me in the cold remedy aisle...

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

"Good thing we wore our coats for all these frozen prices."

"Did he ask us to get raw fairy juice? Or maybe it was strawberry. I can't remember."

"If we don't look at him, maybe no one will know that guy with the camera in the market is our dad."

Here's where I went a little crazy in the grocery store with my camera!

Anonymous said...

"Look Ma...was this the same price when you were my age?"

b13 said...

"When mom said fruit juice, she didn't mean peach schnapps... put it back!"

Pamela said...

My just turned 7 year old granddaughter said "That's a lot of juice."

invisible said...

You do of course realize, that 20 years from now , when your children show these pictures to their children , you will be henceforth known as " Crazy Grampa".

invisible said...

just went to bunny trails.

" Spam...crazy tasty town "

now THAT'S funny !

srp said...

Price Freeze?! That's not all that's freezing!

Gilly said...

"I'll give you a leg up, and you can pull down those big boxes on the top shelf!"