Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thematic Photographic 58 - Odd


Your throne awaits
Montreal, QC, August 2008 [Click to embiggen]


I take a lot of weird pictures. The kind of pictures that make folks stop and stare as I'm shooting them. The kind of photos that prompt the Doubting Thomases of our world to accuse me of wasting film (ha!) and time. Well, folks, it's my time to waste, and it turns out I rather enjoy wasting it. I'm odd that way.

Besides, I'd rather have a bizarre shot than no shot at all.

So for the next week, I'm hoping we'll all share some oddball shots that get the raised eyebrow look from friends and strangers alike. If it's just weird enough to be memorable, please share it on your blog and drop a link in a comment here. The more oddness, the better.

Your turn: Got an odd picture? (I'm willing to be you have lots, actually!) Do you know what Thematic Photographic is all about? Then start sharing. Need a TP primer? Read on:
  • Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
  • Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...odd!
  • You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
  • You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
  • If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
  • You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
  • Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
  • And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.

25 comments:

invisible said...

You should have triple-dog-dared your son to take a big 'ol poo in it. He's a boy . He woulda done it.
Mom would have wanted to kill you, but that only makes it more fun.

Mojo said...

*shaking head*
Okay, you win. I can't touch that one.

But my son, who is well acquainted with my opening subject, has a similar ... view of it.

Thematic Photographic 58: "Odd" v.1.0

lissa said...

My entry for Odd - had these just waiting for a reason!

Pesach said...

Outdoor lavatory ... cool!

Nikki Dee said...

Well at least it has a view!

Here is mine!

Cloudia said...

Oddly interesting, Carmi

Aloha-

Comfort Spiral

Jientje said...

Hi, I'm Jientje and I'm joining in for the first time here. My entry for "odd" IS HERE

kenju said...

I probably have lots of ODD photos, but none that were meant to be.....LOL

hapzydeco said...

Continuing in the vein of teenage bathroom humor here is our contribution.

Vita Stunder said...

Lovley shot for Odd Carmi!

My first Odd-post is up :)

Anna

srp said...

Well, I had a picture of two of these... one blue, no less and one olive green.... sitting out on the curb for pick up... but I have already used it.. so I went for something cute but odd....
Eat Your Fruits And Veggies

Heather said...

I love it! Odd indeed :) ...

Mine is up ...

What is that?

lissa said...

Just inserted, into my post, a link back to this entry, as I should have done in the first place. Guess I should participate more often and get into the groove! Loving the entries so far, too!

Anonymous said...

Mine's HERE

Peg Cherre said...

This is what passes for odd in my backyard.

http://secondwindjewelry.com/jewelry-weaving-blog/2009/07/odd/

Light and Voices said...

Okay..taking a photograph of a toilet is odd. Here is my entry: http://lightandvoices.blogspot.com/2009/07/thematic-photographic-58-odd.html
Joyce

Gilly said...

Here I am!

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

What a great place to take a rest Carmi.

Pebble Dashed Car

A great weekend to you all.

Leah said...

Hi Carmi, this is an interesting thing to join in. My odd photo is up. Looking forward to next week's theme.

Love 2Bs said...

I had an especially good time with this one, Carmi. I love your toilet. I posted one too. I can't wait to look through all the others!

Mine is here if anyone would like to check it out: http://tinyurl.com/lyweot

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Kids often to have a different view of things to us adults, in more ways than one.

My post for this week's theme is at http://notesoflife.co.uk/?p=316

~Nakia~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Nakia~ said...

I am brand new here. This is my first post. Here is my contribution to Odd.

www.chickymomma.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Jumping in at the last minute - when I saw your toilet shot I knew I had the right companion image ;-).

I'm Speechless

Glennis said...

I've been traveling with limited internet access, but here is an oddity that I've found -

http://doves2day.blogspot.com/2009/07/mystery-in-rue-hernoux.html