Round and round
London, ON, July 2009 [Click to enlarge]
You find the most extraordinary things in the most ordinary of places. I wrote about the laundromat here, and in the weeks since we welcomed our bright red washer and dryer set into our home, I've thought about this unassuming fluorescent-lit place in an unassuming strip mall near a busy midtown intersection. Like so many of life's experiences, this one changed me just a little.
I understand how you might conclude that I've lost it. Wouldn't be the first time, I wager, and likely won't be the last, either. That's all part of the fun, as life wouldn't be quite as enjoyable a trip if we always looked at it from the same perspective.
So I'd like to turn our lenses on laundry for the next week. It's the kind of thing we do often but rarely think about - and certainly never photograph. It doesn't garner headlines, merit celebrations or otherwise draw attention to itself. It lives in the fringes of our homes, in basements, mudrooms, closets or, in many cases, down the hall or street.
But without it, the things we take for granted simply don't happen.
Your turn: Have fun exploring this week's theme. At its simplest, take a laundry-themed picture, post it to your blog, then paste a link - or a mention - in a comment here. Sharing and hilarity shall ensue. Here's more info on how Thematic Photographic works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...laundry!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.