Friday, July 17, 2009

Wienermobile crashes into house. BBQ at 11.

I couldn't make this up if I tried. The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, the bane of PETA and vegans alike and an enduring icon of Americana, paid an unscheduled visit partially into a Racine, WI house earlier today when its driver accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake.

Please don't think I troll the Internet looking for wiener-themed stories. I occasionally peek through my stats to see what search terms bring folks to my blog. I noticed an uptick just now in "wienermobile crash". Since I had written about this very same thing last year (it crashed into a ditch, click here for original entry) folks looking for news of today's incident found me, too.

So...two accidents in just over 17 months. My bologna has a first name. It's called driver's ed.

4 comments:

Mojo said...

The things that jumps jumps off the page at me here? "Wiener-themed stories".

Too bad you weren't on hand with your camera when it happened. Talk about "Odd"! Perhaps you have an eyewitness reader from Racine that was quick enough to grab something.

'Fraid the best I could do was turkeys. Of course, they do make hot dogs from turkey sometimes...
Thematic Photographic 58: "Odd" v.3.0

invisible said...

So you have weiermobile crash on your stats. and it led people to your blog. You should shorten it to weiner, and let us know what kind of people it brings to your blog. And please,please,please, publish their letters.
I suspect you may have a preponderance of Sarah Palin supporters.Livin in trailers and marryin' their kin. Oh, wait. That is probably the same audience that trolls for weinermobile crashes. Never mind. Carry on.

Anonymous said...

Well, you *are* the source of my Wienermobile news, Carmi! lol

kenju said...

I think they need to hire a new driver!!