Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shaggy wants his van back


Trippin'
Mallorytown, ON, July 2009 [Click to embiggen]


It's nice to know in this era of CAFE efficiency requirements and emissions standards, kids can still cruise the countryside in vehicles that bring back fond memories of afternoons spent with Scooby Doo.

I've often wondered why Velma never got the credit she deserved. Or what became of Fred's ascot. Or what was baked into Scooby's snacks that made him so unbelievably manic. I so miss the innocence of this lost era.

Your turn: We're still sharing odd-themed photos. Click here for the Thematic Photographic entry that started it all. We'll launch a new theme tomorrow, but I haven't settled on it yet. Got any suggestions?

7 comments:

Mojo said...

Never mind the mania, a bunch of kids in a psychedelic van looking for haunted houses at 10 AM on a Saturday... and at least two of them with a perpetual case of the munchies? I think we all know what was in the Scooby Snacks.

Hmm... how about a combination theme: "Elemental" My idea springs from the traditional "Earth-Air-Water-Fire" quartet, but it could be spun to include anything on the Periodic Table or further anything that is an elemental piece of some bigger thing. Like... Tinker Toys or Legos... or Chocolate chips. (Or eggs if you feel inclined to run afoul of the supermarket gestapo again...)

Hey, I don't see anybody else steppin' up with anything.

Oh, and I've got one more Oddity for the week. Which got odder still this afternoon because of a strange coincidence that I'm still trying to decide how to post. Maybe I can fit it into the "Elemental" theme (*wink*).

NJ said...

Great shot!!! You don't see van's like that much any more unless your in a place like Tofino BC where there seems to be a lot of VW Microbuses.

kenju said...

WOW. He must be a leftover hippie from San Francisco!

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

Suggestions for the new theme:

* "Eclipsed!"

* Free(dom)

* Speed

* Art / Hobby

Robin said...

Velma was always my favorite too. She never got nearly enough credit. My kids were into Scooby Doo for a while. I was so excited, but it didn't last long.

PS My WW for this week is also an "odd" entry - given your take on things I think it will give you a chuckle.

awareness said...

I want one of those!

Scooby and Shaggy smoked a bit of wacky weed before filming a new episode. I read it in True Confessions.

My theme idea?

Nostalgia

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Theme ideas? Hmmm...

Even (because it's the opposite of odd!)