Sunday, December 20, 2009

Caption This - On Hold

Hi all. This being Sunday, I'd normally be posting a Caption This entry and asking for your help in coming up with something zingy and fun. I'm going to put the fun on hold for a bit because I'm just not feeling particularly zingy and/or fun right about now. And when I get this way, I prefer to have less rigidity and structure around me. Call it yet another quirk of Carmi.

So I'm not going to cancel CT completely, but I do want to set it aside for a bit so I can get back to the kind of freer-form blogging that I used to do but got away from as I evolved two weekly traditions - Caption This and Thematic Photographic - here.

I'll keep TP up and running for now, but given the fact that nothing's inviolable, I may yet have news on that front before long as well.

I guess I'm getting reflective as we prepare to say goodbye to 2009. It's been a difficult year from where I sit, and I'd be remiss if I didn't shake things up a bit before the transition to 2010. I'm slowly learning to let go of things before I necessarily figure out what I'm going to grab on to next - it's what reminds me of life's unpredictable beauty. If anything, I believe this kind of admittedly minor change will help me continue to focus on the things that matter most to me: My wife, our kids, our life and our future.

Thank you for your understanding, and I do hope you continue to share this bloggy journey with me. I'll still be writing and shooting and sharing, albeit in a slightly less formalized form.

5 comments:

Man Named Kim said...

sometimes you have to go with the blog-flow...

i understand.

David Edward said...

right here with you, no matter what.
My plan for 2010
1. get a passport
2. see the world
2a. if not the world Canada
2b. if not Canada, Carmi's family

Robin said...

Hang in there Carmi, and let the current carry you to smoother shores.

fredamans said...

Hope you feel better after the holidays!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Star Date 2010:
Your Mission:
To explore strange new words
To seek out new drives,
and new simpleizations.
To mildly go where no plan has gone before.

Captain James Tiberious Kirk.