Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Dahlia's Empire

Don't let go
New York, NY
November 2009
About this photo: As we wind down Thematic Photographic's week-long exploration of buildings, I thought this moment with my daughter would segue us rather nicely into our next theme, different. Be sure to pop back here tonight - 7:00 p.m. EST - for the new theme's first entry.
Our daughter and I have evolved a neat tradition: Whenever we see distant objects - ships, hot air balloons buildings, whatever - she pinches her fingers around them and I take a goofy-looking perspective shot. Anyone who remembers the old Headcrusher skit from Kids In The Hall will relate to this. That, and it makes my munchkin happy, which is all that matters.

So when we found ourselves near the Empire State Building earlier this month, we couldn't pass up an opportunity for her to illustrate her mad building-holding skills. Tough kid. My kid. Lucky me.

Your turn: The silly little traditions we all have and why they matter so. Please discuss.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

You are a very lucky man, dad.