London, ON, September 2008 [Click to embiggen]
While driving home from a friend's birthday party, Dahlia spotted a hot air balloon launching from the park in front of her favorite bowling alley. When she asked if we could stop and watch it, I had to hide my own excitement as I carefully pulled over and turned into the parking lot.
By the time we got out of the car and I had my camera in hand, the balloon was too far away for a decent close-up. But our daughter is always game for a little fun, so she gamely pretended to squeeze the snot out of the balloon as I crouched down and tried to line up the scene. Will it win an award? Probably not. But it managed to capture the kind of simple moment I wish more parents could have with their kids. Even if I hadn't gotten the picture, I'd treasure the experience anyway. I know she will, too.
Your turn: This week's Thematic Photographic theme is kids. Do you need to take an actual picture of a kid? Absolutely not. How you interpret the theme of the week is entirely up to you. I once again look forward to seeing how creative you all are. As a reminder, here's the lowdown on how this weekly insanity works:
- Every Wednesday evening, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...kids.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.