Business News Network. On October 7th, I was guest judge for a new segment on Stars and Dogs. Anchors Kim Parlee and Andy Bell argued the bear and bull perspective on First Solar, a company that makes a new generation of lower-cost thin-film photovoltaic sheets. I listened in by phone and, when they were finished, I declared a winner and we briefly chatted about the issue. It was a very cool experience - so much so that I'll be doing it again November 3rd! Here's the link.
I was interviewed by BNN's Michael Kane on his morning show, The Street, yesterday. We chatted about Google, IBM and AMD in the wake of their quarterly earnings announcements. Click here to see it.
National Public Radio. Janet Babin interviewed me for her report, Intel processing in tight market, that aired on the Marketplace Morning Report last Tuesday. Click here to read the transcript and listen to the audio.
- Oct 16. CRTC reviewing its policy of not regulating Internet and mobile content. (Where I rip Canada's regulatory agency a new one for applying old-style thinking to Internet regulation.)
- Oct 10. Bell and Telus work together to roll out new wireless networks.
- Oct 8. BCE could be broken up if leveraged takeover fails, says telecom analyst. Byline Ross Marowits. (This one got me a call from Bell. Happy? I think not.)
- Oct 1. Better pricing and financing could be available for tech gadgets in weak economy.
- Sep 25. MySpace teams with major music labels to go up against iTunes. Byline LuAnn LaSalle.
- Sep 24. Quebecor could delay wireless launch until 2010 to ensure proper service. Byline Ross Marowits.
The Montreal Gazette. Oct 11. Google's Android 'opens up' the smart phone. Byline Marc Saltzman.
Centretown News. Oct 9. Viewpoint: Don't expect to see new Google phones in Canada for a while. Oct 9. Byline Brendan Ross.
DPA/German Press Agency. ‘Mobile Internet’ creates a buzz. Sep 25. Byline Andy Goldberg.
Financial Post/National Post. Sep 26. RIM misses the mark for second quarter in row. Byline David George-Cosh.
Globe & Mail. Sep 24. Why can't Canadian parties connect with young voters like Obama does? Byline Brodie Fenlon.
BetaNews. October 14. Analysts: Will $999 MacBook have an impact? Byline Jacqueline Emigh.
IT World Canada. Oct 16. Magician sues Molson over iPhone app. Byline Nestor Arellano. (Where I rant on the silliness of mobile beer software.)
And if you want to listen to be chat about tech, I'm on Toronto's AM640 most Friday nights. John Downs and I talk tech, then open the phone lines up to callers. You can listen in at am640toronto.com. And if you're really feeling cheeky, you can even call in and try to stump me!