Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple hates RIM. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Apple had a big day today. It announced some neat new machines (which I now want), demonstrated some cool new software (which I also want), and gave us a sneak peek at its upcoming operating system, OS X v10.7, better known as "Lion" (do I have to state the obvious?)

The announcement, and the escalating war of words between Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Research In Motion co-CEO Jim Balsillie, and this week's release of Apple's most blockbuster quarterly financial results ever, made for an interesting day in my world. I did two television interviews (CTV News Channel's Jacqueline Milczarek and BNN's Michael Hainsworth - video here - and a radio hit as well, with Sue Smith of CBC Radio Montreal's Home Run - audio here.) I also wrote an article, which I'll link to once it goes live.
Update, Thursday, 12:29 a.m.: The article, Macs, PCs not disappearing so quickly, is now live on Yahoo! Canada Finance.
I also confirmed my writing docket for the next couple of days, so tomorrow will dawn just as full of promise as today did. May I continue to have the wherewithal to turn that promise into something neat.

Your turn: How do you define a good day?

6 comments:

Alexia said...

woo! a good day includes watching you presenting the facts so clearly and cogently! great job, Carmi!

21 Wits said...

I agree with Alexia and glad you can keep us up to date on everything worth obtaining! I'm excited! Rock on! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carmi!

A good day for me was this past Sunday. Rather than tell it all now, you can check my blog post on Friday. ;)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

For me, a good day, is a day w/out an upsetting event... 9 years ago was the start of upsetting events.. but through the years, I've learned to handle things better.. So use to having my husband there to share in the bad...he was Mr. Fix-it...Now the job is mine...and what i learned was that I CAN handle the bad... though its more comforting going through the bad w/someone...

Shirley said...

A good day is a day of accomplishment, goals met, the list crossed off. But most importantly, a great day is one spent with loved ones.

The Gearheads said...

How I define a good day depends. I have been reinventing my kitchen lately, and a good day in the kitchen would be getting a lot completed. At work, well, let's just say I can't really put my finger on a good day at work. My best days? When I am camping. A good day camping can be any of the following.
A day laying in a hammock relaxing under the clouds and enjoying some Vivaldi.
A day on the banks of a nice stream throwing the line in and pulling back several feisty small fish, often which live to see another day.
A day hiking a trail that leaves me in awe of the amazing beauty that this land offers us and most likely a camera full of photos, some really nice, some all to touristy.
A day chasing the boys (I call my big and little trouble) up and down some red rocks.
A day of a mixture of any or all of the above.

Truly my best days are the ones I spend with family bouncing around a campsite enjoying the outdoors.