Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three amigos


The next generation
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2010
[Please click here to share your own blue-themed pic]

I get the occasional razz for not posting more pictures of our kids. It's a critique I take seriously, as one of the original goals of this blog was to shrink the distance between us here in our adopted burg and the rest of our family back home.

But a funny thing happens between intent and reality. Namely, the game plan changes. Life gets in the way. People get busy. The kids don't want to pose together. And not everyone wants to see endless pictures of the kids, anyway.

So on the rare occasions when they do consent to stop and be photographed while:

1) in relatively close proximity to one another; and
2) one of them does not have a sibling in a headlock; and
3) rabbit ears are blessedly absent

I grab the opportunity as quickly as I possibly can. Because no one really knows when it'll happen again.

Your turn: How do you get kids to pay attention long enough to grab 'em for a picture?

9 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I believe firecrackers are always popular. Until they get too old, of course.
~

SY said...

I don't have any kids but I get the opportunity to take picture of my 1 year old niece. fortunately she is in the stage where she just loves to say, "cheese"... So that's what we do for her!

Rebecca said...

you have beautiful children

Miriam said...

Yea, my kids are 2 & 4 and I have absolutely no idea. Good luck to all at figuring that out! Your children are beautiful :). Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Serendipity said...

Solo pictures of my daughter, no problem as she loves posing for the camera but group pictures, I don't get any cooperation from my kids. Can't avoid endless giggling, being silly while taking kids group picture.

mmp said...

...once they got to about fourteen? I had no idea at all!

Jean said...

Carmi, getting my son to pose for a pic - forget posing, at least stay still for a moment - is so impossible, sometimes I have to shout at him - imagine getting mad at him for snaps while on a holiday!! :D

srp said...

Take them quick... I suddenly realized that I don't have any really good pictures of Nyssa from last year, only those from graduation and a couple from the trip to NYC. In other years past, I took hundreds. They grow up and move across country.

Jules~ said...

Actually my kids love to ham it up for the camera. Of course they are usually the ones holding the cameras. They are always striking a pose in different scenes and filling the air with giggles and goofies.

Angel-girl on the other hand....oh boy I have to work hard and surprise her to get a picture that isn't blurry. Usually it involves food or a veggie tale video.