Monday, October 21, 2013

Bikes, sidewalks, and my slowly rising temper

Wheels off
Toronto, ON
August 2013
For more Thematic streetscapes, please click here.
As a cyclist, nothing bothers me more than folks who ride their bikes on the sidewalk. It's incredibly dangerous, and from where I sit the excuse that "the roads are too dangerous for me" is an absolute crock.

Aside from the overt danger you pose to pedestrians, you put yourself in even greater danger because you're constantly popping in and out of traffic at each intersection.

If you ride on two wheels, learn to ride with traffic. If you don't have the guts, get off your bike and walk.

I think I'll duck now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more Carmi! I wish cyclists felt safer on the roads, but the sidewalk cannot be the answer.

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more Carmi! I wish cyclists felt safer on the roads, but the sidewalk cannot be the answer.

Glennis said...

I agree. We have some pretty bad scofflaws here in Santa Monica!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Interestingly, every study ever done has proven that the more people use the roads for biking and jogging, the fewer fatalities there are.

Use the roads!