Monday, October 21, 2013

Thematic Photographic 266 - Let's get dirty

Don't tread on me
Grand Bend, ON
August 2013

Click photo to embiggen
My head was hurting when I was trying to come up with this week's theme. So I went the simple route because it probably would have hurt even more if I had tried to get all abstract on y'all. So here it is:

Let's get dirty

Easy, huh? And easy to shoot, too, because last time I checked, there was more than enough dirt and filth to go around in the world. So grab your camera and go. Let's make a mess this week.

Your turn: Take a picture - or many pictures, because we're greedy - of something dirty, or something that suggests dirtiness. Post it to your blog (or Tumblr, or Facebook, or other website/online resource), then leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Visit other participants to share in the craziness, and pop back in later in the week if you've got more to share.

If you tweet, feel free to use the uber-handy and oh-so-chic hashtag: #ThematicPhotographic. If you're new to the Thematic thing, click here and all will be explained. Oh, and most of all, have fun with it!

7 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Dogs never let you down, nor does the weather. Here's some dirty pictures.
http://bit.ly/19YAZq2

photodoug said...

Carmi, treads look good for several more miles. This former dry cleaning establishment seemed to be promoting this week’s theme.

21 Wits said...

Nice capture of a might muddy Big truck ? tire tread, with great nibs! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2013/10/thematic-photographic-lets-get-dirty.html

Max Sartin said...

I'm not sure this is what you had in mind for this theme, but I was just down in Arches National Park this weekend and took this picture of an interesting rock formation. (Not for the easily offended.)

Alexia said...

My dirty pics show something which occurs naturally but can be annoying, and sometimes offensive...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Dirt, Cheap!
~

sister AE said...

Hi, Carmi! You know I read your blog regularly, but I'm not posting much myself anymore. I couldn't pass up this theme though.

You can find my pic here:
http://havingwrit.blogspot.com/2013/10/good-dirt.html