|Not covered under warranty|
This photo begins the wind-down of Thematic's week-long exploration of all things reflective. There's still time to share yours here. Stay tuned, as we'll be launching our next theme, streetscapes, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. That's tonight...I'd better get cracking!In this era of smartphones and tablets, everyone's got a hard luck story of unplanned, uh, loss. And I'n betting that it usually goes something like this:
- Start with an electronic device with large slab of exposed glass
- Mix in a rushed schedule and a little distractedness to set the stage
- Add some clumsiness to get things in motion
- Let gravity do the rest
- Make sure there's a hard surface below it all to put a rather abrupt stop to the gravity thing
- Stand around and watch for the inevitable reaction: sick feeling in the pit of the stomach, quick pickup, futile - and potentially dangerous - rubbing of the glass in the vain hope that it's just dirty, followed by the sickening realization that the $700 to replace your once-pristine device will have to come out of your own pocket.