![]() |
| She said yes Laval, QC July 1992 This photo originally shared on Instagram |
I was just a kid then, and in so many ways I still am, but she made me better from the moment we first met, and in countless ways big and small, she still does.
She completes my sentences, ensures I don’t miss breakfast, and picks me up, literally and figuratively, when I fall.
She’s incredibly easy on the eyes, so I often just stare at her and wonder how l got so lucky.
And she’ll stare back at me with a face that defines kindness.
I knew she was my bashert, my fated soulmate, the first time we sat on her porch and just talked until all hours of the night. Never had it been so easy to just…be. We’ve been talking until all hours of the night ever since.
I’ve had a front-row seat to the most loving and giving mother and bubby. Our kids have flourished into accomplished and empathetic human beings because of her nurturing nature, and our granddaughters come alive around her. It is the joy of a lifetime to see all she’s created, this little world of ours filled with our amazing people, all because we talked and talked and became the best of friends.
She will always be my best friend, my muse, my inspiration, my home, my comfort, my biggest fan, my conscience, my sounding board, my editor, my gentle guide, my everything.
But being my wife has been the foundation on which everything else is built, the framework of a life that the kid in the picture didn’t think he deserved. She reminds me every day that I deserve it all. I’ll happily spend forever and a day believing every word she says.
Happy anniversary, my love. More importantly, thank you for being my bashert. For not only giving me your time, but ensuring everything we do has meaning and grace.
#LiveLaughLevy #family #everything

No comments:
Post a Comment