Wednesday, July 29, 2026

That northern Ontario hotel lampshade aesthetic

Light the way there
Wawa, ON
May 2026
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Every time we stay in a hotel, I like to find ways to remember the experience.

To a certain extent, all hotel rooms are remarkably similar. And given that the logistics of the typical road trip revolve around fitful nights of sleep before hitting the road early the next morning, we rarely have the time for much reflection.

But on occasion we end up with a spare minute or two amid the rush to get from here to there, and I find myself recording the tiny details - lamps, room numbers, fixtures, window views, whatever - that make these otherwise forgettable places a little less forgettable.

It’s an admittedly weird habit. But if it helps us hold on to moments and experiences that would otherwise be lost to time, I’d argue it’s more than worth hitting the pause button for a bit.

#wawa #ontario #canada #travelphotography #stilllife #throwback

No comments: