![]() |
| This is my best side Dryden, ON June 2026 This photo originally shared on Instagram |
I can’t explain why, because I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember and I don’t recall whatever prompted me to start. But like all habits, it’s become a part of who I am.
This rather majestic-looking eagle was hanging out, in of all places, the city dump. Strange as it may sound, there’s a lot of wildlife here. Beyond the eagles and gulls, the occasional bear has been known to show up. I’m guessing this place is like Nirvana to them.
This particular bird, who I think looks like an Eloise, was just hanging out on a dirt pile, waiting for the front end loader nearby to finish packing down a fresh load. She didn’t seem fazed at all by all the activity as she patiently waited for her next meal to be served up.
I’m pretty sure she was giving me the stink eye, perhaps because she was concerned I’d horn in on her mid-afternoon snack. I gently reassured her I had no designs on her meal. Whatever it was, I hope she enjoyed it.
Fly safe, Eloise. I’m glad our paths crossed, however briefly.
#dryden #canada #eagle #throwback

No comments:
Post a Comment