Monday, May 24, 2010

A different kind of shade


Keeping the sun at bay
Richmond Hill, ON, April 2010


It isn't a picture of glass, per se (click here for Thematic Photographic background), but it's closely related. Well, from where I sit it is. Because no window is complete without some sort of window covering. And venetian blinds always seem to offer up a neat way of playing with light. And since photography is all about playing with light, it's only natural that my lens would eventually find its way here.

I have nothing profound to say about this particular scene. It's been a brutal, exhausting few days - more on that later this week - and I guess I'm looking at this blog entry as an overtly simple way of keeping everything in proper balance. And staring into a covered window is as simple as it gets.

For now, it'll have to do.

Your turn: Photography as therapy. Please discuss.

3 comments:

Gallow said...

That is a great one. I like the lighting effect. Well done!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Photography is therapy... At least, I find it very theraputic! :)

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

I love the detail in this shot Carmi.