Saturday, October 09, 2010

At the root of it all


Hold on
London, ON, March 2009

So it's a root and not a branch*. They're quite closely related, after all, as one sucks up the water and nutrients that the other needs to grow, while the other absorbs the sunlight and carbon dioxide necessary to drive the photosynthetic process that keeps the whole thing alive. They need each other, so I thought it might be a nice gesture to give the lowly root its due.

That plus I really liked this picture as soon as I saw it on the camera's screen. The colors and textures are especially Zen-like. Sometimes, it really is as simple as looking at something that makes you feel a bit better.

Your turn: Look down. What's there?

* This photo supports our weekly Thematic Photographic theme, branched. If you've got something that fits the theme - new, existing, whatever you've got - please head over here and share your vision.

6 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I see my bare feet...Feet that have hiked, been stuffed in high heels, felt the soft sand...Feet that have endured...tanned by the sun, calloused from walking barefoot...Feet that are synonymous w/my heart...

Alexia said...

I love this pic - the colours, shapes, textures look really good. Nice....

Mustang Sally said...

One very cute little moppet with separation anxiety who's trying to tell me how horribly mistreated she's been (NOT) while I've been out the past two nights LOL.

That is a very cool photograph Carmi!

Biya said...

i loved the way u described the connection btw the roots, branches and the tree itself...

21 Wits said...

down there now is, carpet, my work purse along side my everyday purse, (ready to switch) one of two dogs, oh yes and bare feet for now.

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

MY roots.growing.reaching out. sometimes coming upon what feels like a cement brick...a wall...trying to find a way around...
and they do...