Saturday, October 16, 2010

Been writing

It's been a busy time in my writing world, and things are beginning to move in a very interesting direction. Probably the most exciting news over the couple of months involves my writing articles for The Toronto Star, Canada's largest newspaper. I've been so focused on - and having so much fun - pitching, researching and writing that I haven't taken the time to catalog what I've published so far. So if you're in the mood to get your geek on, here's the rundown:
  1. (Aug 20) - Can staid BlackBerry survive the smartphone wars?
  2. (Aug 29) - Why Intel's deal for McAfee will shake the laptop landscape
  3. (Sep 03) - Fighting for the cloud: Behind the duel for 3PAR
  4. (Sep 19) - Is it the end of the line for the landline?
  5. (Sep 24) - Twitter hack is a warning for social media users
  6. (Sep 27) - A first review: PlayBook gets RIM in the tablet game
  7. (Oct 8) - Microsoft needs to get serious about mobile phones
  8. (Oct 10) - Airlines use Twitter, other social tools to revolutionize customer service
  9. (Oct 15) - Future of television is online and on-demand
Your turn: What tech thing or issue should I write about next?

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

How about the API issue that has been discussed on another social site.. the API is a program integrated in the site program that allows coders to write applications to log into the site's accounts.. so depending on their back end security it maybe possibe for an automated program to login into any account with a password dictionary of common weak passwords..

Juniper said...

TV online and on demand? I'm way ahead then - chucked out the TV in September 2008 and only watch things on iPlayer (BBC online). What I want, When I want. :-)

~Juniper~

Shirley said...

We ditched the home phone a couple years ago and are now strictly cell users! Just more convenient.

Congratulations on the new gig! I am happy for you! From one writer to another "Go get em!"

PS I will get my "goon on" in a bit here!

who wouda thunk it?? said...

I wonder when thecommunications and entertainment technologies will merge. TV and computers are linky, and phones and computers are linky. but we have phones, Iphones, kindles, laptops, notebooks, and desktops. At what point, with things getting smaller, then bigger (phones) and things getting smaller and smaller (computers and TV's when will we end up with one single totally connected expensive piece of junk hardwired to our consciousness? and.... how big will it be