Monday, November 25, 2013

Whatever you do, don't spill it

Apples. Squeezed.
At altitude, somewhere over Canada
February 2013
For one last Thematic drink, click here
Years ago, I started a tradition when I travel for work. It involved taking pictures of whatever I was eating, drinking, seeing or doing, then sharing the photos with my kids.

It helped bridge the distance a bit, and helped them better understand why I had to be away every once in a while. It also helped me, because it gave me a reflective moment in the middle of an otherwise chaotic trip where I could quietly sit down and think of them.

Even now, I try to stick closer to home if I can get away with it. But on the odd occasion where I find myself in a car, train or plane, it usually doesn't take too long before the camera comes out. And on this cold winter's day somewhere over Canada's Rocky Mountains, I found myself drinking apple juice, and it didn't take long before the camera found its way into my hand. For some odd reason, apple juice has been a recurring theme, and I can't even begin to explain why.

Your turn: What's your favorite drink? Why?

One more thing: Stay tuned for the next Thematic theme, in the foreground, which we'll launch tonight at 7 p.m. Eastern. If you want to throw in a last-minute drink-themed pic, feel free to head here (it's always a good time, after all.) Enjoy.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Excellent abstract shot. The texture, lighting and composition all tease the eye. I have no comment on the apple theme...but many stories have been written about them.