Sunday, August 31, 2014

After the interview

Small moments aren't as small to me as they might have once been. I'm slowly learning to dial back a bit so I can enjoy the ride instead of wondering afterward where I've been. Of all the things I've learned over the past year, these words resonate most strongly in my somewhat rearranged brain: Take the time.

So I do.

As an example, the scene above greeted me as I headed back to the parking lot outside the CTV London studios earlier this evening. I had just finished up my weekly Clicked In segment with Scott Laurie, and was feeling pretty good about my little place in the world. The skies apparently agreed, with a post-sunset performance that almost begged for a spontaneous photo shoot.

All I had was my BlackBerry - a Z30 - but the best camera is always the one you have with you. So out it came.

Looking up has its merits. So does slowing down.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Happy skies, Carmi!
~

21 Wits said...

It sure is the journey more than the destination. Hands down, eyes up!

Tracie Nall said...

Love this. I've found a lot of beauty and peace in looking up the last few weeks.