Monday, May 13, 2024

Where the trees frame the water

Just breathe
London, ON
September 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Whenever Earth’s merry go round spins faster than I’d prefer, I’ll try to disappear into the woods for a bit.

I’ll walk the soft-floored pathways in search of a spot where I can pause and reflect. It can be anywhere, really, but if we’re going to rank them, anything near water will naturally gravitate toward the top of the list.

So this explains how I ended up beside the creek on a Saturday afternoon, taking a picture of a scene that, unlike an eclipse or an aurora, probably doesn’t often merit an avalanche of photos, let alone a single one.

But popularity has never really been my thing, anyway. If it moves me, I’ll pull the camera out and have fun with it. And quiet spots in the forest will always move me when I need to get off the spinning ride for a little while.

I can’t know for sure what I’ll find the next time I venture back to this place, but I can promise that there will certainly be a next time.

Hopefully you’ll follow my lead and find a similar spot near wherever you happen to be.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #heritage #forest #tree #trees #thames #river #water #reflective #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photography

Related:

No comments: