Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A river runs around me

Textured waters
London, ON
October 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The waters have receded just enough to allow me to jump onto to a rocky sandbar just a few feet from shore.

It gets me far enough into the rushing river that I can almost feel the current in my head as I crouch down and compose the shot. It’s an admittedly beautiful spot, one that will in all likelihood disappear when the rains return and the waters rise again.

The flowing water all around me seems to add a certain sense of magic to this place. The air is a little fresher. The sounds are a little more resonant. Being here, on this tiny outcropping of smoothed-out rocks, makes me feel alive.

As I carefully hop back onto shore, it isn’t lost on me that all this is temporary, and I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to get out there for a bit.

It’s a small thing, really, but as I walk back to the outside world, I remind myself that small things really are big things.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #forest #thames #river #water #texture #bokeh #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: